MBA students, jumpstart your career with a rich and rewarding 10–12 week assignment.
Program available in:
Heat up your career potential
The Danaher Summer Internship Program (DSIP) for MBAs is a 10-12 week assignment that focuses on either the marketing, operational, strategic or human resources competencies of our business. DSIP is foundational to the university recruiting initiatives and creates a funnel of early career talent to fuel our full-time Leadership Development Programs: GM Development Program and Human Resources Development Program.
A Danaher internship offers the exposure and experience you need to build an outstanding career as a future leader. You’ll assume responsibility on challenging projects and see them through from strategy to impact. The experience also includes one week of DBS training, exposure to Kaizen practices, lean principles and growth tools, and the opportunity to interact with senior executives at several points throughout the summer. The culmination of your internship is a report-out presentation to a group of Danaher executives from multiple platforms and operations companies. Select interns will be extended full-time offers to enter the GM Development or Human Resources Development programs.
Some of our past interns have:
- Led change management projects through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) implementation for a global sales force serving government and commercial markets, creating sustainable processes and improving sales funnel management.
- Developed medical microscope channel strategy accounting for 25% of forecasted 2010–2014 sales growth, enabling a 90% market share increase on a $32 million product line.
- Developed, validated and delivered a standard digital marketing process to improve lead generation, tracking and measurement for a global provider of motion systems and components.
- Assessed global 3D imaging market adjacencies across six countries for an existing device currently sold in the North America dental market, ultimately developing go-to-market strategies for identified opportunities.
- Trained in DBS Lean tools to lead a turnaround project for an engine braking technology leader resulting in a 50% efficiency improvement through standard work creation for processes manufacturing over 30 products.
- Created processes, tools and vendor evaluations for new associate rewards and recognition programs to drive deeper associate engagement.
Profile of a successful intern:
- Can deal with ambiguity and adapt quickly
- Humility and self-awareness
- Brings innovation and breakthrough thinking
- Demonstrates agility, ability and aspiration
- Try-storm and tests ideas before making a final recommendation
- Considers sustainment and long-term business implications
- Demonstrates knowledge of DBS tools and applied them to their project
If you're a top-tier MBA who is seeking a career path to general management or HR leadership, and you feel you match our culture's extremely high standards and determination to succeed, then an intern assignment in our Danaher Summer Internship Program (DSIP) sets you up for an immensely rewarding career.
Learn more about our interview and selection process, locations, and benefits